Saturday, July 12, 2008

Birthday Bowls (thanks Katie!)

My sister bought me these adorable bowls for my birthday this past Wednesday, and after eating out of one of them today I had to write about it. After all, when there's even an iota of an Eat When You're Hungry lesson I have to share it here first.

To finish off my lunch today, I cut up some fresh pineapple, and while I'd normally serve my fruit in a plain glass bowl, today I served it (to myself) in one of my adorable new birthday bowls. It will be no surprise to anyone that I chose the pink one to try first. After cutting up the fruit and placing it inside the bowl, it was time to sit down and eat. And let me tell you -- it was just about the cutest, birthday-ish pineapple I've ever eaten. Because the bowl was so fun to eat out of, I ended up savoring each and every bite of pineapple so I wouldn't have to put away my brand new bowl too soon.

So if you're having trouble slowing down your eating and actually tasting your food, try serving meals on/in your most favorite dishes. If you don't have anything other than boring white dishware, splurge on one pretty dish, and start with that. It'll be a whole lot cheaper for you -- and don't even get me started on how much healthier it will be -- than starting a new diet.

Below....my new birthday bowls, and some Saturday afternoon pineapple.





Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Jenn said...

So cute! I love the green one.

For me, when it comes to dessert, the smaller the dish the better, too, to help with portion control. :)