Monday, January 25, 2010

Favorite Product of the Week: Galeo's Salad Dressing


I have been eating a lot of salads and raw vegetables lately, and there is one very specific reason for this -- Galeos Salad Dressing. I was turned onto this after eating lunch at a friend's house a few months ago. She made a big salad for lunch, and to be honest, I was a little worried that just a salad wasn't going to be filling enough for my very large, nursing mother's appetite these days.

Not only was it surprisingly filling, but it was exceptionally delicious -- all because of this salad dressing. It's called Galeos, and the flavor she used was Sesame Seed. I can honestly say this is the best store-bought salad dressing I've ever had. I've since turned many people onto it. I'm telling you -- once you buy a jar, you're going to be hooked. Not only do I eat it on salads almost every day now, but I dip raw bell peppers and cucumbers in it and pinch myself every time -- it's that good. My husband can't get enough of it either. He'd like me to introduce it to his parents the next time we have dinner together.

The Sesame Seed flavor is our current favorite. It tastes like one of those really good salad dressings you'd get in a Japanese restaurant and don't have a clue how to replicate. It's creamy, tangy with a hint of miso, and really just indescribable beyond that. Delicious and yummy are the only words that come to mind.

As an added piece of information, it's somehow extremely low-calorie and made with ingredients you'd find in your own kitchen cabinets. You know how I feel about counting calories (I don't do it), but I thought I should acknowledge the nutrition information in this post, as I learned after some very limited research that this dressing is apparently sought after because of it's low calorie count. So not posting that fact might be akin to ignoring the big white elephant in the room. If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, however, you'll believe me when I say that the reason I rushed out to the store to buy this stuff just hours after eating it is because of the taste and the taste alone. It really is that good.

Go see for yourself.

No comments: