Saturday, February 7, 2009

An Unseasonal Treat


I have a treat I'd like to tell you about, but it is completely unseasonal, particularly for those of you living in places where the weather actually reflects winter right now. But I'm sharing it with you anyway. Iced pomegranate green tea.

I discovered this over the summer at a friend's house during a girls get-together, and to be honest, I almost didn't try it because I generally am repulsed by iced tea (unless it's mixed with lemonade in an Arnold Palmer). I love hot tea, but I've never liked it on ice, despite it looking so refreshing and appearing to be such a satisfying beverage. To be polite (and adventurous), I timidly poured myself about a quarter of a glass and to my utter delight and surprise, I loved it.

First, let's start with the color -- it's a beautiful shade of redish pink. The color alone will liven up any festivity. And then there's the taste. It's absolutely delightful. So light, refreshing and yes, smile-inducing. Definitely more exciting than water, yet it doesn't leave behind a sugary aftertaste in your mouth like a juice or lemonade would.

Recently, I've been making a pot of it at home on Sunday, and bringing it with me to work during the week. At about 3 or 4 in the afternoon when I'm craving a pick-me-up, this stuff does the trick. It makes me feel like I'm out at a picnic in the middle of New Hampshire (and I don't even get to drink it out of an adorable glass like I do at home).

Here's the kind I drink. Try it out and drink in good health.

4 comments:

shelly said...

I'm so glad you like it enough to blog about it! That reminds me ... I should go brew a pot!

Maggie Miller said...

I know, I have to brew another pot, too :-)

Linzey said...

Hmm, I may have to try it as I am also a fan of hot tea but hate iced tea. How does the pomegranate tea taste hot?

Maggie Miller said...

I know, I thought I'd hate it, but loved it :-) I actually haven't tried it hot, believe it or not!