Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!



Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays, and it was even before I met my husband. After all, it's a day filled with my favorite color, flowers, hearts and chocolate. What's not to like? Actually, many years ago, it was an annual tradition for my sister, one of our mutual friends and me to make Valentine's Day cookies together. That friend moved away, so we've had to start new traditions. And boy did I find a good one this year!

If you're ever looking for a fun treat to give someone.....for Valentine's Day, for a birthday, graduation or just because, I highly recommend that you check out Good Fortunes. They make all sorts of customized cookies, but their specialty is the giant fortune cookie. You choose the coating (dark chocolate or white chocolate) and you write the message inside the giant cookie! I had so much fun with this, I can't wait to give one to someone else for a birthday, congratulations or just because. I ordered mine a bit early, so it came two days before Valentine's Day, and my husband was so surprised and delighted, that he called me at work and sang "You Are My Sunshine" over the phone. That was almost better than the fun of ordering the cookie.

He waited to crack open the cookie until I got home, and I have to say, the cookie lived up to all expectations. I took a few photos to give you a sense of it.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments: