Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What Do You Feel Like Eating Today?

I came across this article today by Donna Fish in The Huffington Post and I think it's worth sharing. She paints a very real picture of what intuitive eating looks like and shows that even when you've made peace with food and learned how to listen to your body, you're going to order wrong in a restaurant now and then. And by wrong, I mean you ordered something that didn't satisfy you.

Guess what? It happens, even to those of us who are in a healthy place with food. Even I -- who generally listen to my body by eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full -- have meals that don't satisfy me and lead me to eat past fullness because I didn't enjoy the food I was eating and thought that by eating more I'd somehow magically feel satisfied. (Note: that never works)

So, do yourself a favor and read this article. Just another perspective that I think you'll enjoy.

1 comment:

Bass Player Keith Hall said...

I have been on the Fletcherism diet for a little over 3 months and have lost 37 pounds. I chew eat bite 32 times and eat Lunch and supper only and have a mid afternoon snack about 3 pm and another one at 8:30 at night. Be sure to chew eat bite at least 32 times. You will eat about 20-30 minutes and feel totally full and are eating a lot less calories by eating less food and you feel totally satisfied. Read Horace Fletcher’s book in Google books called How I Became Young at Sixty.
http://bestfreediet.googlepages.com/