Monday, October 12, 2009

Favorite Product of the Week: POM Wonderful


I recently started a Favorite Product of the Week series, with the intention of sharing information about (real) food products I love.

I guess the folks at POM Wonderful have been reading these posts, as they recently sent me some of their juice. I have to say, with the exception of my pregnancy-induced cravings for grapefruit juice and my post-partum cravings for cranberry juice, I’m not usually much of a juice drinker.

My hubby, on the other hand, is. His favorites are orange juice with lots of pulp, and for about the last year or so, POM Wonderful. When POM contacted me, I asked my husband what made him start drinking the juice. “I wanted to start drinking something full of antioxidants,” he said. Because the juice is so strong, he mixes about one part juice to three parts water, pours it over ice and drinks a large glass of it almost every day.

Given Jeremy’s positive reaction to the juice, when POM Wonderful contacted me with free product I gave it a whirl. And you know what? It’s pretty tasty juice. I’ve had a little shot-glass full of the stuff every morning for a few days now, and it’s a nice way to start my day. I don’t know that I’ll continue drinking it every day like Jeremy does, as it’s pretty strong, and I actually don’t like the watered down version quite as much. But for now, I’m enjoying the juice.

As you know, I don’t get too caught up in health claims of any particular food (or drink). But POM Wonderful does appear to be made from real pomegranates, it’s tasty, and now my hubby and I can toast each other’s good health each morning with our glass of magenta juice.

If you’re looking to give your taste buds a new flavor to explore (the taste is quite distinctive), give it a try. I think you can buy the juice in most supermarkets.

No comments: